Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Happy May Day!

May 4th, 2015
Wow, it´s May already haha where did that come from?

This week was pretty dang emotional haha not just because Im going home in 2 weeks. There were a lot of miraculous things that went on this week.

Ive been praying and fasting that we´ll be able to get a baptism before I get home. I was also praying that if I did everything I could until I go home, and I dont get a baptism, that I wouldn´t feel like I didn´t do my best. It´s kind of a tough feeling to fight, because you want something so bad, you want to help people so bad, and if they dont act, they dont get helped haha the ball is in their court! This week we had a couple experiences like that- we invite people to be baptized, we take the bus an hour to their house whenever they can meet, and walk to hurry and visit as many people as possible, and they end up not acting. It´s tough, but I received a pretty strong answer this week that we´re doing the Lord´s work, and we´re doing as much as we can. Even though we´re maybe not going to baptize a ton of people before I go home, people are progressing. I know without a shadow of a doubt that God puts us in the right place at the right time. He knows who needs help, and how to help them. It´s our responsibility as missionaries to listen to the spirit and GO. 
  This week we had a great miracle with J this week. She talked with her boyrfriend, and theyve decided to get married! She said she wants to get married quick because she wants to get baptized. I think she´ll end up getting baptized only a couple of weeks after I get home haha maybe Ill come back to Brazil a week after coming home :)  she had some amazing experiences in gaining a testimony of the Book of Mormon. She said she prayed to God first, to give her more understanding, and then she read in the Book of Mormon a verse that really spoke to her, that talked exactly about how God gives understanding and light to HIs children. She knew that that was an answer to her, from God. 
    
    That´s the point of everything- to come closer to God and to know that He lives. If we can do that here on Earth, we can get a taste of what eternal life is like, really Living with God and Christ forever, because John 17:3 says that life eternal is knowing God and Christ. I really gained a testimony of God and Jesus Christ because of my mission. Theyve become real to me because of the experiences Ive had on my mission. I know they live. And I got to bear my testimony in church yesterday in my last testimony meeting as a missionary, and I bore my testiomny about things that I really know. I wouldnt trade these two years for anything.

    We´re also teaching Pedro and Selma, who used to have hard hearts but who are now coming to church every Sunday. We´re seeing a lot of progress with them, and I know they´ll realize in a little more time how many blessings their family will receive because of this gospel. 

 Same story for Thiele, Neander, and Adalton. They just need to act haha


Thank you for all the emails and support. Have a great week!

Love
Elder Hirschi



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

No comments:

Post a Comment