Monday, April 21, 2014

Can you see anything???

Sent from my iPad On Jan 27, 2014, at 11:48 AM, Jacob Hirschi wrote: This week was a pretty crazy week. Not as crazy as living on a tourist hotspot, but nonetheless, it was a great week. First, to try to explain the subject of the email. So my comp, Elder H, is from Utah, but was never one to get out and do a road trip or anything like that, where he would have to drive long distances on his own. Or drive on the highway......so yes, he just started to drive consistently on the highway about two weeks ago. So combine the lack of experience and the crazy whipping blizzard that's going on at the same time. I was a bit scared for my life at one point, but we made it out alive. Ok so I wasn't scared for my life, but there was a blizzard. We couldn't see anything, and it came out of nowhere! I still laugh at the thought of me thinking to myself about 6 months ago- I can't wait not to be cold for two years. Didn't exactly go according to plan, but do good times ever really go according to plan? Last night, I had the opportunity of going back to the 4th ward to see a 9 year old named J get baptized. The baptism was packed, and it was a bittersweet moment to see everyone I used to be around all the time! But I enjoyed it, and I have a picture or two but I forgot my camera, so I'll have to post it next week. After the baptism, we were teaching a Liberian family, and they also said they want to get baptized too! They have a father who's coming from out of state in order to get baptized with them, and it's going to be this Saturday! So it's coming up quick, but it's great to see a family come together through the gospel and begin their journey together through baptism. Can't wait for it. So to answer the question about Aunt Sara's package, I'm REALLY sorry I ever said I never got it because I definitely did! I just forgot about it, but I for sure have it and a thank you card should be on the way soon! Speaking of which, yall got my package/fat card right? Just want to make sure it didn't get lost...Also can I have the Moseley's address? I need to send my Christmas cards... Also regarding the cold- I'm totally warm. I have clothes, but some people's hearts need a sweater or two! Just kidding, I love these people haha I probably wouldn't listen to a message if it was snowing and freezing outside either...let me know if you need anything else! Love you all! Love, Elder Jake Hirschi

No comments:

Post a Comment