Friday, July 12, 2013

MTC Week 3!


This week marked the halfway point of my stay at the MTC. It's crazy how fast time flies by, but it's also crazy how much we have learned in 3 weeks, and not just Portuguese. The MTC is a great place, regardless of what people say haha because it puts you in an environment where everyone has the same purpose and work. You can learn from anyone, whether it be a teacher, another missionary, or on your own. That's what I probably love most about the MTC. But dont't think that all missionaries are perfect...our district (a group of about 12 missionaries all going to Brazil) loves to play soccer, and we may or may not have gotten a little too competitive with another district the other day...oops,  :). I'm proud to say that as a district we are still undefeated! Anyway, soccer aside, I'm a little worried about getting to the field because the food schedule here is so structured and more importantly, unlimited. I haven't weighed myself in a couple weeks, and I'm curious to see if eating until I can't anymore every single meal is making any impact on me. My roommates going to Manaus have been guessing how many pounds they're going to lose while there. One Elder is currently about 250 and he expects to lose about 55 or so pounds haha. It seems unrealistic but we heard from someone that it's currently 124 degrees there now....
The Portuguese is really coming along well. The people we teach lessons to actually understand us! Seems crazy right? Not really, because the first time we had to teach someone we literally just read off a piece of paper, without really knowing what we were saying. Now we rarely prepare many notes, and basically have a conversation in complete Portuguese. I love coming out of a lesson knowing that I said what I wanted to say, and making an impact on the investigators lives, even if they're acting haha.
Also I would totally post pictures but the computer says it's restricted so I can't use the Card Reader to import pictures onto the computer! When I figure it out I have some of my comp, district, and some other random stuff. Also something funny that happened this week: For some reason missionaries always want to be the "hosts" of newcomer missionaries, which means we get to take their bags and show them around on their first day. Our district leader got a note and told us that we get to host new missionaries! Everyone started cheering and getting really excited, and then the Distirict Leader told us that the new missionaries were Senior Couples, which means they're married couples and usually at least 60-70 years old haha . So next Wednesday, I'll be giving a tour to a bunch of Senior Couples! Can't wait!!! I'll let you know how it goes...
Love,
Elder Hirschi

No comments:

Post a Comment