Sunday, July 7, 2013

4th of July at the MTC


July 5, 2013
What up fam?
How was 4th of July? First of all, MEGAN- I didn't get a fun cookie yesterday;( But they held a devotional, let us watch 17 Miracles, and then we got to go outside and hug the fence to watch the Stadium of Fire from BYU football stadium. It was awesome but there's so many people there that we had to look between two trees to see the Fireworks. At least we got to go outside and stay out past our bedtime!!! It was a rare occasion, believe me. We got into bed at 1130 or so (usually it's 10:30).
In the Missionary Training Center you're organized into districts of 10-12 people, and multiple districts make up a zone. Usually because there are so many girls going on missions, your district is going to have at least 4-5 sisters. We have none, which means we can act like guys. All. the. time. I do love though how quickly everybody forgets their differences here at the MTC, and becomes friends. All difference backgrounds and personalities combine to form great friendships. We've already started talking about potential roommates and continuation of friendships after the mission.
Portuguese is going well. The Lord's hand is definitely involved in our ability to survive learning so much in so little time here. Even the fact that I'm eager to learn all the time is a blessing, and I think it's an essential blessing if we're truly to master the language as soon as possible.
I hope you all watched enough Twilight Zone to account for me at 4th of July. I totally forgot (like I do every year) that the TZone marathon is on 4th of July, but it's ok because I get to watch just as many episodes of The District haha!
Also big news! Only a few hours after I sent my last email I was called in to receive my reassignment. Of course the man who notified me of the new area, President Seamons, didn't know all the information behind it, but he told me I was going to the Ribeirao Preto Mission! It's a little Northeast of Sao Paulo. Of course I was a little dissapointed that they think my asthma can't handle the Jungle (haha what do they know:)) but the Lord is humbling me and teaching me to truly believe that it doesn't matter where you serve, but how. I've told people that before, but I don't think it's something I would've fully believed unless it happened to me.

Thank you so much for the last package it was marvilhoso (?) and thanks for all the letters and for mark thomas' email. Love Elder Hirschi

No comments:

Post a Comment