Wednesday, December 4, 2013

From November 11, 2013

This week was great, we did a lot of good work, despite Elder Bird being so close to going home. He has about a month left, and it's really easy to get "trunky" or distracted by thinking about home so much, but he's doing great. He's in charge of the missionaries in our little area, and he gives such great trainings. At the end of the training multiple missionaries were getting sick last week, so they asked for blessings from us. It was such a great experience to feel the spirit as I was able to lay my hands on someone's head and bless them with health and safety. I don't know where else you'll find a group of 19-21 year olds on their own organizing times to meet in order to listen to each other tell about the miracles they've seen in the lives of other people, and how they can better teach other people the principles of living the gospel. I also don't know any other place where teenagers would knock on random people's doors and invite them to hear a message about Jesus Christ haha but it's such a great experience. Even taking religion out of the picture, it's fun to meet new people and learn about their lives each and every day. This week I had my MRI on Saturday, and a follow-up appointment tomorrow, so I'll have actual results from an actual doctor pretty soon. Mom, thank you so much for the package, it's so perfect for my language study! Letters are coming soon!
Love,
Elder Jake Hirschi  

No comments:

Post a Comment